Office Managing Partner
Moises D. Ariza serves as the Office Managing Partner for Miami. In this role he oversees day-to-day operations for the Firm in the Miami market. Additionally, Mr. Ariza is a partner in the Firm’s Assurance Division. He has approximately 11 years of experience in the accounting profession providing accounting, assurance and advisory services to a wide range of clients. Much of his client base includes not-for-profit organizations, local governments, employee benefit plans, manufacturing companies and retail entities.
In addition, Mr. Ariza has significant expertise in performing Federal and Florida Single Audits in accordance with OMB Uniform Guidance and the Florida Single Audit Act, as well as program-specific compliance audits.
Mr. Ariza is involved in all phases of the audit process, from planning and initial risk assessment to ensuring compliance with all State and Federal laws, and the preparation and review of financial statements. He is a qualified peer reviewer and regularly performs peer reviews under the AICPA Peer Review Program.
Within the firm, Mr. Ariza develops in-house training seminars for the Firm’s professional staff as well as continuing education programs for various outside organizations.
Moises is an active team leader in the Firm’s Employee Benefit Plan Group, Nonprofit Sector and Government Services Group.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
- GFOA Special Review Committee, Active Member
- Association of Latin Professionals in Finance and Accounting, Member (ALPFA)
- Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach County League of Cities, Associate Member
- South Florida Government Finance Officers Association, Associate Member
- Florida Government Finance Officer Association, Member (FGFOA)
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- Navigating through GASB No. 68, Published Article
- The Importance of Governmental Financials, FGFOA Conference
- GASB Statement No. 68, 2015 Marcum Governmental Symposium Government
- Auditing Standards and OMB Uniform Guidelines, Internal Training
- Risk Assessment and Audit Approach, Internal Training
- Related Party Transactions, Internal Training
- Employee Benefit Plans, Internal Training