The Marcum 2016 Year-End Tax Guide continues our tradition of providing timely tax guidance for the upcoming year.
The Marcum Tax-Exempt Advisory Services group has extensive experience in handling all aspects of tax planning, compliance and accounting issues for tax-exempt organizations.
Our clients range from small, charitable organizations to large, international membership associations. We work closely with the management, boards and staff of each organization in a team effort to meet the special challenges and issues they face. We also maintain a technical knowledge of current issues through continuing education and by monitoring federal and state legislative changes, IRS rulings and court decisions.
As client service is a main goal of Marcum, we work regularly with the other tax and business service groups within the firm to assure that we anticipate and exceed the needs and expectations of our tax-exempt organizations.
- Educational, religious and charitable organizations.
- Independent schools.
- Trade associations.
- Social clubs.
- Fraternal organizations.
- Private foundations.
Contact one of Marcum's regional representatives.
- Application for exempt status.
- Private letter rulings.
- Federal tax compliance.
- Multi-state and local tax compliance.
- Political action committee (PAC) compliance.
- Lobbying and political activity restrictions and reporting.
- For-profit strategies to minimize the impact of unrelated business income.
- Organizational operations restructuring.
- State tax advisory and exemptions.
- Private foundation status and reporting requirements.
- Charitable remainder trusts.
- Federal and state tax dispute resolution.
Every year, Tax Exempt Organizations go through the frustrating task of filing their annual Organization Exempt from Income Tax Return (Form 990). Below is some ....