At Marcum, we treat every client, from the largest of publicly traded companies to family owned businesses to individuals, as our most important client.
Marcum has been helping individuals succeed by providing timely, proactive and effective professional services.
Our experienced tax professionals are skilled at addressing all levels of complexity with respect to the preparation of business, fiduciary and individual tax returns and related filings. We pride ourselves on delivering proactive tax planning and year-round client service.
- Monitor and recommend practical solutions for tax planning purposes, including mulit-year tax planning.
- Gather all relevant tax and financial information for quarterly estimates, extensions and tax returns.
- Advise structures for business liability, tax planning and compliance purposes (i.e., limited partnerships, limited liability companies, S and C corporations, charitable entities).
- Prepare federal, state and local income tax returns for individuals and entities.
- Prepare required US reporting information for foreign transactions.
- Federal and State tax audit representation.
- Tax services for U.S. citizens abroad.
- Planning for carried interest.
- Charitable gift planning.
- Executive counseling and planning, including retirement analysis, stock options and benefits.
- Compensation planning, including deferred compensation and IRC sec. 409A considerations.
- Advise on multistate individual taxation, including residency issues, income-sourcing and state and local tax minimization.
- Identify tax efficient opportunities for single stock concentration and diversification issues.
- Forensic and Litigation services.
- Bankruptcy and Fiduciary services.
- Provide unique approach to accounting, assurance and tax services to hedge fund managers and investment partners working together with Marcum’s Alternative Investment Group.