Why Now Is the Best Time to Hire a Managed IT Service Provider
There are two reasons why now is the best time to hire a managed IT service provider.
Recently the news has been dominated by talk of an upcoming recession. Every day, thousands of workers seem to be laid off, mostly by large, tech-focused organizations such as Google, Facebook, and Amazon. If things go as predicted, the layoffs may continue for the foreseeable future.
A recession is a difficult time for any business. Revenue is down, expenses are up, and everyone is looking to cut costs. One way to do so is to outsource your IT needs to a managed service provider (MSP).
An MSP company provides IT support, maintenance, management, and other IT services to businesses of all sizes. MSPs have the expertise and resources to help with everything from network security to cloud computing.
There are many benefits to hiring an MSP during a recession:
- Cost savings: MSPs can save you money by providing the expertise and resources you need without hiring an in-house IT staff.
- Improved security: MSPs can help you improve your IT security by implementing best practices and keeping your systems up to date.
- Increased productivity: MSPs can help you improve your productivity by resolving IT issues quickly and efficiently.
- Reduced downtime: MSPs can help you reduce downtime by proactively monitoring your systems and fixing problems before they cause outages.
In addition to these benefits, MSPs can provide peace of mind during a recession. Knowing your IT operation is in good hands can allow you to focus on running your business and weathering the storm.
Data breaches and ransomware attacks also seem to make headlines every day. According to a report published by the NCC Group, there were 459 ransomware attacks in March 2023 — an increase of 91% from the previous month and 62% compared to the same month last year. That makes this past March the most prolific month for ransomware attacks on record.
Your business depends on your IT operation, but attackers can target it. When it comes to security, the benefits of hiring an MSP include:
- Risk reduction: MSPs can help you reduce the risk of IT downtime and security breaches. This can protect your business from financial losses and reputational damage.
- Network security: An MSP can help you implement a comprehensive network security plan to protect your data from unauthorized access. This is especially important at a time when cyberattacks are on the rise.
- Data backup and recovery: An MSP can help you create a data backup and recovery plan so you can quickly restore your data in the event of a disaster. This is essential for any business, but it is especially important during a recession when businesses cannot afford to lose data or suffer downtime.
Here are some additional reasons why you might want to hire an MSP:
- Time savings: During a recession, it’s important to focus on your core business activities. Hiring an MSP can free up your time so you can focus on what you do best.
- Access to expertise: MSPs can provide the latest IT technologies and expertise. This can give you a competitive edge during a recession.
- Cloud computing: An MSP can help you move your IT infrastructure to the cloud, saving you money and improving your security. The cloud is a more cost-effective way to store and manage data, and it is also more secure than traditional on-premises IT infrastructure.
- IT support: An MSP can provide 24/7 IT support so you can get help with any IT issues that arise. This can help you avoid costly downtime.