Technology enables increased productivity and efficiency. Most importantly, when technology aligns with the organization’s strategic business objectives, it helps increase the value of your investments and becomes a significant contributor to the long-term success of the enterprise.
A Marcum Technology strategic IT assessment provides you with a deep dive into selected or comprehensive areas of your IT operations, or secondary IT operations in subsidiaries or business units. An assessment is a clear, detailed quantitative and qualitative review that results in recommendations to better align your technology with your business goals. A strategic IT assessment also uncovers capabilities gaps, underinvestment or excess investment that could be trimmed. Marcum’s professionals look beyond the technology to the governance, organization and impact technology has on your business and operations.
Get answers to these important questions with a Marcum Technology Assessment
Your assessment can focus on one specific area or cover your entire IT environment.
- Is our technology aligned with our strategic business objectives and delivering real value? Or could we do better for the money we’re spending?
- Could new technologies help us grow and improve our business?
- Have we fallen behind in technology and can’t perform at our best?
- Is management’s decision-making based on the best and most current business information?
- Is our current IT environment scalable to grow with our business?
- Are we properly protected from internal and external threats?
- How can our technology increase our competitiveness and position us for future success?
- Have our business groups chosen technology or systems that don’t align with our core systems or our business objectives? Are those systems being properly maintained?
Special-Purpose Marcum Technology Assessments
Marcum Technology Performs the Following Deep Assessments
- Business & IT Alignment
- Marcum team members assess IT’s alignment with your strategic business goals and objectives, whether your IT spend is sufficient, and if the right technology could improve competitiveness or help a nonprofit become more successful.
- IT Spend Analysis & Benchmarking
- This assessment checks whether your IT spend aligns with your business/unit goals and objectives, how your IT spend compares to your industry peers, and if you could spend less but deliver more.
- Network & Systems
- The network & systems assessment lets you know if your network and systems are right-sized for your needs, allow you to work virtually, and whether the proper controls and security are in place and current.
- A cybersecurity assessment informs you whether you’re protected from external/internal threats and compliant and aligned with industry regulations: GDPR, HIPAA, HITRUST, etc., and frameworks such as NIST, ISO 2700x, etc.
- IT Staffing
- Marcum reviews your IT organization’s structure, skill sets and ability to address rapidly changing technology and business requirements, including whether full-time, part-time, or outsourced staff is needed.
- IT Suppliers
- Marcum examines your IT suppliers and identifies challenges and opportunities regarding controls, contracts and spending.
- Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity & IT Policies
- This important assessment helps you ensure policies and procedures are there to ensure your organization can prevent/operate during crisis/disaster.
- Systems & Software
- Marcum assesses whether your software is current and aligned with how the business currently operates and addresses any recent changes/events, such as M&A, new products and services, software enhancements, functionality gaps, etc.
- Data Analytics, Dashboards & Reporting
- Marcum professionals assess the adequacy and timeliness of the reporting necessary for informed and proactive decision-making.
- Process Automation
- Marcum professionals examine current business processes and where process automation technology could increase efficiency and effectiveness and simultaneously reduce costs. The assessment covers IT and the larger business.
- Telecom Optimization
- The assessment lets you know if the recent and rapid telecom advances could mean better services at lower cost for your organization.