Valuation, Forensic and Litigation
Howard Klein is a partner in the Firm’s Valuation, Forensic and Litigation Services Group. Mr. Klein has served as an expert accounting witness in numerous cases involving bankruptcy, fraud, contract disputes, lost profits, valuations and domestic issues. His experience includes certified audits and reviews in industries that include retailing, banking, publishing, manufacturing, distribution centers, long-term skilled nursing and real estate. Mr. Klein has examined white-collar crimes and testified as an expert witness in numerous civil and criminal matters.
Mr. Klein has worked with the FBI, SEC, FDIC, SIPC and the Ohio Department of Commerce. He is currently the forensic accountant for the trustee for Fair Finance – a $200 million Ponzi scam – and was a staff member of the Fee Committee in the historic Enron bankruptcy case. Prior to owning his own firm, Mr. Klein was an auditor with a national CPA firm and a partner with a local CPA firm.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors (AIRA)
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA)
- Turnaround Management Association
- The Village Community Association, Board Member
Awards & Recognition
- Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor credential