Anthony Banks has more than 15 years of professional experience, including business valuation, trial support, investment research and financial analysis. As the director in the Business Valuation service area, his responsibilities include business valuations for estate and/or gift tax purposes and litigation. In addition, he also deals with lost profit calculations and due diligence investigations.
Prior to joining Marcum, Mr. Banks managed the litigation support and business valuation department of a full-service accounting Firm. He also wrote a daily analysis of fixed income and equity markets for fund managers as a security analyst for several brokerage firms. His experience also includes valuing derivative securities and assisting firms buying or selling businesses.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA designation), American Society of Appraisers, Member, BV Exam Subcommittee, 2006 – Current
- CFA Institute, Member
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Associate Member Chair, Business Valuation and Litigation Support Conference: 2007
- Financial Analysts Society of South Florida, Member
- Institute of Business Appraisers, Member
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- “Emerging Issues and Resources for the Cost of Capital,” Florida Institute of CPAs, Valuation, Forensic Accounting, & Litigation Services Conference
- “Do the Results of Valuation Models Always Make Sense, or Do the Inputs Need to be Properly Understood?” FICPA The Trend Alert, Oct./Dec. 2009
- “Data and Publications Update, Valuing Employee Stock Options Under the New FAS 123,” Business Valuation Update
- “The Binomial Lattice Option-Pricing Model for Valuing American-Type Employee Stock Options,” Business Valuation Update
- “Definitions of Value in Florida,” Florida Institute of CPAs, Valuation, Forensic Accounting, & Litigation Services Conference