Cecelia F. Garber has concentrated her forensic accounting services in the areas of matrimonial litigation support, personal injury damage calculation, commercial business damage calculation and business valuation. In addition, Ms. Garber represents individuals and businesses in connection with income tax matters, income tax planning and compliance, personal financial statements, business consulting services and IRS representation in both criminal and civil matters.
Ms. Garber has been engaged by attorneys to represent high net worth clients in divorce matters, malpractice cases and to assist in valuing business enterprises such as architectural firms, software developers, pharmaceutical companies, medical practices, law practices, real estate developers and restaurants. She has been consulted in matters of tax law, equitable distribution between spouses, pre- and postnuptial agreements, income analysis, diversion of assets and income and child support calculations.
Ms. Garber has acted as an expert witness in Miami-Dade, Hillsboro, Lee, Collier, Monroe, Broward and Palm Beach County Courts and in U.S. Bankruptcy Court – Southern District of Florida. She also has performed forensic analysis in criminal investigation tax proceedings and has had extensive involvement in mediations.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- AICPA Litigation Committee, Past Member
- American Bar Association Family Law Section, Associate Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- American Woman’s Society of Certified Public Accountants (AWSCPA)
- FICPA Relations with the Florida Bar Committee (Past Member)
- Florida Bar Family Law Section Association, Associate Member
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- 2006-2018 Top CPA in Litigation Support, South Florida Legal Guide
- Top 100 Power Leader, 2013 and 2014, South Florida Business Journal
- 2013 Book of Leaders, Miami Today
- 2013 Top Influential Business Woman, FICPA
- 2012 Litigation Key Partner Award, South Florida Business Journal
- 2012 Key Partner Award, South Florida Business Journal