Stephanie L. Marchand is a director in the Valuation, Forensic & Litigation Services practice group. She has over ten years of accounting and consulting experience, concentrating on fraud and accounting-focused investigations, litigation and expert witness engagements, anti-bribery and corruption investigations, and compliance monitoring services.
Ms. Marchand’s experience includes forensic accounting investigations related to financial statement fraud, corruption, whistleblower allegations, misappropriation of assets, and internal control failures. She is retained by company management, their boards of directors, or their attorneys on complex financial and accounting matters, often with a focus on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). She also has experience in complex litigation matters involving accounting, commercial litigation, business interruption, damages, accounting malpractice, post-acquisition, and corporate governance disputes. Ms. Marchand and her team are retained to analyze financial records and provide expert witness services in connection with these matters.
She has worked with public and private companies, as well as large, international organizations. Her experience spans a broad array of industries including utilities, oil and gas, technology, life sciences, healthcare, manufacturing, not-for-profits, financial services, real estate and construction, professional services, and food and beverage.
Ms. Marchand formerly worked in the Assurance and Forensic Advisory Services practices of “Big Four” accounting firms in Boston.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Co-Chair, Associate Board of Directors, Junior Achievement of Northern New England
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MassCPA)
- Rhode Island Society of Certified Public Accountants (RISCPA)
Articles & Presentations
- “Hotlines and Fraud Detection: Changing Trends,” Marcum Valuation & Litigation Advisor, July 2022
- “U.S. Fraud and Enforcement Actions,” Marcum Valuation & Litigation Advisor, May 2021
- “A Focus on Effective Compliance Programs,” Marcum Valuation & Litigation Advisor, December 2020