Stephen R. Bernier is a senior manager in the Firm’s Hartford, Connecticut office and has approximately 10 years in the Healthcare industry, specializing in third party reimbursement and compliance.
Mr. Bernier’s background includes agreed upon procedures audits, state and federal cost report preparation, certificate of need and determination of need filings, Medicaid and Medicare audit support, strategic planning, and other regulatory compliance matters. Mr. Bernier specializes in working with all healthcare providers including: nursing homes, residential care homes, hospital, home health and hospice agencies, and community based health centers, among others. Mr. Bernier also has experience providing advisory services to not-for-profit organizations and provides guidance to clients ranging from reimbursement and compliance issues to general business matters. Mr. Bernier is also actively involved with in-house training for staff on cost reporting and reimbursement issues.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Connecticut Association for Health Care Facilities (CAHCF), Member
- Connecticut Association for Residential Care Homes (CARCH), Member
- Leading Age, Member
- Hartford Young Professionals and Entrepreneurs, Member
Articles, Seminars & Presentations
- In-House Training Sessions:
- CT Medicaid Cost Report Process (2013)
- CT Medicaid Rate Setting (2014)